- Workshop on Environmental issues of Jammu and Kashmir
Jan 15, 2017
- Five Days Training Workshop on ICT in Education and Learning
Jan 13, 2017
- Secretary designate Sh K.K Sharma Visits Central University of Jammu
Jan 07, 2017
- Workshop on Enhancing Life Skills and Leadership among Students
Dec 22, 2016
- CUJ received grant under FIST
Dec 20, 2016
- CUJ faculty received grant from Science and Engineering Research Board
Dec 17, 2016
- CUJ holds One Day Orientation Programme on Heritage Awareness for Student Volunteers
Dec 14, 2016
- 7th Academic Council of CUJ
Nov 30, 2016
- Constitution Day Celebrated at Central University of Jammu
Nov 25, 2016
- CUJ conduct Need Analysis Consultative Committee meet.
Nov 19, 2016
- Central University of Jammu organises Placement Drive for MBA-TTM
Nov 15, 2016
- NATIONAL WORKSHOP ON ADMINSTRATIVE REFORMS AND PUBLIC SERVICES DELIVERY
Nov 11, 2016
- Panel discussion on the topic Indias Economic Surgical Strike An Assault on Corruption and Black Eco
Nov 10, 2016
- Honarable Minister for Education Naeem Akhter chaired meeting of PMMMNMTT at CUJ
Nov 08, 2016
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas and Vigilance Awareness Week
Oct 31, 2016
- Workshop on Entrepreneurship at CUJ
Oct 27, 2016
- Maritime Security
Oct 21, 2016
- Central University of Jammu signs MoU with Safeducate
Oct 20, 2016
- CUJ NSS Volunteers Attending National Adventure Camp at Manali
Oct 20, 2016
- CUJ holds seminar on Relevance of the Teachings of Swami Vivekananda in Contemporary Times.
Oct 14, 2016
- Central University of Jammu Organized REGIONAL MATHEMATICAL OLYMPIAD-2016
Oct 10, 2016
- ONE DAY ORIENTATION PROGRAMME ON RURAL RECONSTRUCTION FOR YOUTH
Oct 07, 2016
- CUJ celebrates 65th Wildlife Conservation week
Oct 05, 2016
- CUJs students participated in PRASTUTI at IIT, KANPUR
Oct 05, 2016
- Central University of Jammu starts one week Yoga camp at Main Campus
Oct 03, 2016
- World Tourism Day: Tourism Week celebrations OJUS Concludes at Central University of Jammu
Sep 27, 2016
- Workshop on Cross LoC Trade CBMs in Kargil
Sep 27, 2016
- Department of Tourism and Travel Management of CUJ holds Tourism Week Celebrations OJAS
Sep 20, 2016
- Corporate Deliberations concludes at HRD Congress at Central University of Jammu
Sep 17, 2016
- Nurturing World Class Organizations in an Emerging Global Diaspora
Sep 16, 2016
- Lecture Series on the Topic Diaspora A key Source for Indias foreign policy objectives and cultural
Sep 09, 2016
- Central University of Jammu Celebrates Azaadi 70
Aug 23, 2016
- CUJ organises workshop on Cross-LoC Trade CBMs in Leh
Aug 22, 2016
- Central University of Jammu celebrates Independence Day
Aug 15, 2016
- Central University of Jammu celebrates International Youth Day
Aug 12, 2016
- Central University of Jammu and Tiger Division commemorate Kargil Vijay Diwas
Aug 09, 2016
- The Yoga Centre, Central University of Jammu kicks off a program on Self Efficay under Saksham
Aug 08, 2016
- Central University of Jammu, School of Education gets Rs 7.5 cr
Aug 02, 2016
- Under Graduates Induction Day organized at Central University of Jammu
Jul 28, 2016
- Induction day organised at Central University of Jammu
Jul 27, 2016
- CUJ organizes lecture on life and philosophy of Swami Vivekananda
Jul 04, 2016
To be a leading Centre of higher learning, integrating culture, knowledge, philosophy, science and value system of our heritage with modern and emerging concepts, skills, technology and management practices.
- Impart education which in its breadth and scope represents the three main symbols in our logo; iridescent like the rising Sun, immortal as the Banyan Tree and infinite like the Sky.
- Inculcate self confidence; which when combined with disciplinary study, leads to faith in one’s strength and conviction.
- Develop talent for sustainable growth in academics, administration, business and research by laying emphasis on organised thought, self-discipline and discriminative faculty.
- Encouraging inter-disciplinary focus, as also collaborative research with leading Institutions aimed at the optimum development of human resource and integration of new ideas and innovations.
- Provide a modern, environmentally sustainable, healthy and vibrant Campus in consonance with the principles of Green technology.
- Play participatory role in the affairs of the people of surrounding areas in particular and civil society in general.
Logo and its Description
The Rising Sun, the Banyan Tree and the Infinite Sky are some of the most significant constituents of nature, epitomizing its essence and motivating the mankind to embrace a productive way of life, to acquire knowledge and attain peace and happiness.
These elements, each an inspirational entity, have been arranged together into an emblem to represent the Central University of Jammu.
RISING SUN- The rising Sun in the backdrop of the Banyan Tree is emblematic of victory over darkness - the triumph of enlightenment over ignorance. The students shall abide in light, acquire knowledge and grow in wisdom.
Banyan tree- This part of the emblem proclaims that as the Banyan Tree filters impurities to provide pure air, proliferation through its prop roots, the University intends to resonate wisdom and knowledge, leading to organised thought, discriminative faculty and self-discipline through contribution and participation of its alumni.
INFINITE SKY- The vast canopy of the Infinite Sky filled with rays of the Sun denote the enormous expanse available for acquisition, growth and spread of knowledge; the soaring spirit as also an exhaustive domain for nurturing and flow of ideas.
University is an abode of boundless learning, knowledge and wisdom that paves the way to purposeful self-introspection, leading to individual growth and development.
MOTTO of the University implies that knowledge refines, purifies and sharpens the mind.
To sum up, the Rising Sun along with the Banyan Tree and the Infinite Sky, truly reflect the values, aspirations, goals and ethos of the University as it seeks to usher in an enlightened society through vibrant, learned and empowered youth ready to adopt new ideas and emerging trends in the modern world; eager to face the resultant challenges.